Monday, September 28, 2009

A heart like His

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."  - Ezekial 36:26-27


I first came across this verse when reading "Having a Mary Spirit" by JoAnna Weaver.



The words seemed to leap of the page and I knew I had found the words, the prayer I have been searching for.   I stopped reading and headed to the computer where I typed up the verse and matted it.  It now sits of my desk where I see it everytime I walk into the kitchen.




A few weeks later I began a study at church called "Live a Praying Life" by Jennifer Kennedy Dean.



The first week of the study this verse was highlighted and I knew God was speaking to me.

I have been praying this verse for myself for several weeks now, and though the progress is slow and sometimes painful, he is faithful and is giving me that new heart he promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment